- Created on the 13 July, 2017.
Human adenovirus IgG ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgG antibodies to adenovirus in plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Adenovirus is a ubiquitous pathogen that can be found in both humans or animals and it is known to cause a number of different diseases that can either occur singly or currently. Some of the most common infections include the upper respiratory tracts, the intestinal tract and the eyes. In general the infections can be spread either through the aerial-droplet route or the routes which tend to be characteristic of intestinal infections, the incubation period is usually between 5-7 days. The infections of adenovirus are in a majority of the cases caused by a viral disease of the respiratory tract amongst pre-school children, where the acute diseases of the upper respiratory tract seem to be predominantly occurring. These adenoviruses can be characterised by their common location within the cell nucleus, an overall marked stability to environmental effects and being a common complement-fixing antigens.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to adenovirus using current human adenovirus IgG ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Specific labelling of human rotaviruses and adenoviruses with gold-IgG complexes. J Virol Methods. (1985) 12 (1-2): 47-57. Kjeldsberg E.
- Antibody to human adenovirus early antigens during acute adenovirus infections. Infect Immun. (1981) 32 (2): 778-87. Gerna G., et al.
- [Estimation of IgG Adenovirus antibody titers using a standard curve and an indirect ultramicro ELISA essay]. Rev Cubana Med Trop. (1996) 48 (2): 102-8. Spanish. Laferté J., et al.
- A combined enzyme immunoassay for rotavirus and adenovirus (EIARA). J Virol Methods. (1985) 10 (1): 21-8. Pereira H.G., et al.
- Determination of antibodies to non-structural and structural adenovirus antigens by ELISA. Acta Virol. (1992) 36 (6): 524-32. Lähdeaho M.L., et al.
- Full Name: Adenovirus IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml