Human activin A ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring bone activin A (activin-A) in human serum, cell culture supernatant, tissue lysates and body fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 37.5 pg/ml.
Activin A is a 14kDa beta-A homodimer, a cytokine that is member of the transforming growth factor-beta super family. It is predominately locally expressed by mesenchymal component in hemopoietic micro-environment. The expression of activin-A can be regulated by a number of different cytokines at the mRNA level, in addition there are also several inhibitory molecules which are involved in tightly controlling the biological activity of this protein. The standard used is a activin-A recombinant antibody that is composed of two single chains made up of 116 amino acids having a molecular mass of 26KDa.
Inhibins and activins can modulate the growth and differentiation of many cell types, they function in opposing actions inhibit (inhibins) and activate (activin) the secretion of follitropin by the pituitary gland. Inhibins and activins are both important in the regulation a many diverse functions such as; erythroid differentiation, embryonic axial development, insulin secretion, bone growth, gonadal hormone secretion, germ cell development and maturation, nerve cell survival, pituitary and hypothalamic hormone secretion and embryonic axial development.
ACTIVIN A ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Standard: Lyophilized human activin A standards. Concentrations 0, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000.0 pg/ml.
- Microplate: Pre-coated with anti-human activin A antibody.
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- Biotinylated Labelled Antobody (Concentrated).
- Antibody Diluent Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (25x Conc.).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of activin-A using current human activin A ELISA kit was approximately 37.5 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this assay is 62.5 – 4000.0 pg/ml.
– Activin A: ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for detecting activing A, displaying no cross reactivity or interference between other analogues.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (91 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (90 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: The rate of loss is less than 10% within the expiration date, providing the kit is stored under appropriate conditions.
- Role of activin A and myostatin and their signaling pathway in human myometrial and leiomyoma cell function. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. (2014) 99 (5): E775-85. Islam M.S., et al.
- The role of activin a in regulation of hemopoiesis. Stem Cells. (2002) 20 (6): 493-500. Shav-Tal, Y. and Zipori, D.
- Apoptosis modulation by activin A and follistatin in human endometrial stromal cells. Gynecol Endocrinol. (2016) 32 (2): 161-5. Coutinho L.M., et al.
- Human mammary gland and breast carcinoma contain immunoreactive inhibin/activin subunits: evidence for a secretion into cystic fluid. Eur J Endocrinol (1999) 141 (2): 190-4. Di, Loreto, C., et al.
- Full Name: Activin A ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Lysate, Cell Culture Supernatant, Body Fluids
- Sensitivity: 37.5 pg/ml